Wednesday, February 15, 2012

March 11, 1905

From: Annie Gleasure, The Square, Listowel, County Kerry, Ireland
To: Frank Gleasure, 459 Cambridge Street, Allston, Massachusetts

Dear Frank,

I am writing now before I put it off any longer to thank you for the cheque which you so kindly sent me, and also for the gifts you sent at Christmas. The lead soldiers did not arrive until the end of January. We have not got an organ yet, but I suppose we should have it by the first of next month. Have you heard that we are learning the violin? We started on New Year's Day and George is the best so far; he can play a couple of tunes already. There is an old man living in the country, who was at one time a soldier that comes in very often and gives us a lesson; James O'Brien is his name and he is a great player.

I want to ask you if there are pictorial postcards over there, and if so can you send me some with views of South Natick if possible, or of nice good looking girls, and I will send you some in my nice letter, for I am sending you some shamrock in this, and I hope it will reach you in time. I cannot think of anything else to write, there is nothing going on in this dull place so I will close remaining

Yours Sincerely,

Annie Gleasure

No comments:

Post a Comment