Friday, February 24, 2012

December 10, 1905

From: George Gleasure, The Square, Listowel, Co. Kerry, Ireland
To: Frank Gleasure, 33 Arden Street, Allston, Massachusetts, USA

My Dear Frank,

Christmas is coming along so I am sending my first note and a little present. I am in fourth class now and my writing is very much improved since we got our new teacher. I am able to play quite a number of tunes on the violin now. We enjoy the funny papers you send very much. Mr. Sells carries one of your photos that you sent last May. I will write to you after Christmas again. Hoping you will enjoy a very merry Christmas, I close, remaining
your loving brother,
George Francis Gleasure

From: May Gleasure, The Square, Listowel, Co. Kerry, Ireland
To: Frank Gleasure, 33 Arden Street, Allston, Massachusetts, USA

My dear Frank,

I think it must be time for me to be writing letters to you now. I have'nt very much spare time since we got our new mistress, as she gives us a whole lot of lessons to learn.

We enjoyed the funny papers you send very much. Mr. Sells carried the last ones. I am sending you a little present, wishing you a happy Christmas and a happy New Year.

Your loving sister,
May Gleasure

P.S. Have you any notion of coming home again?

No comments:

Post a Comment