Monday, August 6, 2012

August 2, 1909

From: Mai Gleasure, Listowel, Square
To: Frank Gleasure, 4 Franklin St. Allston, Mass. U.S.A.

My dearest Frank,

I hope this will find you in good health as we all are at present.  We have splendid weather now for the last few day's what kind of weather have ye over there.

I suppose you had a good time on the 4th July.  I was out at John Parkinson's at Tullig for the last fortnight I had a fine time of it, George did not go anyplace for his holiday's yet because one of our greyhounds had six pups, and he must stop and mind them for a few days.  I expect he will go out to Connor's.  I got a post card from Mrs. Morris, last week.  I told them out at Tullig and asked them to write to her, the old man wrote to her some time ago and it seems he did not get any answer to his letter and he does not like it.  I wonder would you be able to send Annie and I what I asked you for some time ago, I am up in the Church Choir again and I would like some decent clothes if you are not able to spare it don't mind it until some other time (a pound each) if you can.  I don't think I have any more to say at present so I will close Hoping to hear from you very soon again  I remain
Your loving sister
Mai.

No comments:

Post a Comment