Sunday, August 26, 2012

June 6, 1910

From: May Gleasure, The Square, Listowel
To: Frank Gleasure, 4 Franklin St., Allston, Mass, U.S.A.

My dear Frank,

I received your most welcomed letter a few days ago and was very glad to hear from you. The weather is not what it should be for this time of the year. Well did you meet the Parkinson's I believe that it was about 12 oclock in the night that the ship landed let me know in the next letter if you met them. I got a letter from Mrs Morris the week before I got your she sent me a half sovereign for my birthday which was on the 27th May I was 18 years then I also got a nice locket. the apprentice Ned Carroll has left us since last Wednesday. he has got a place at Bailys in Tralee and indeed we are not sorry after him for we were sick of watching him, his mother is trying to get a cousin of his in here now the boss said he would take him if he get a fee with him Mrs Carroll says they are willing to pay a fee of L10 pound with him he is coming in tomorrow till we see him. I think we would be better off without him for any of these fellows around the place don't suit us a stranger would be a lot better for then he would have none of his friends and neighbours soaping him up. We have taken a photo of the house with father the dogs and I in front of the house I am going to send one of them to you when we get them. The 4th July is coming on and would you send us some flags you did not send us any for the last few years. send them as soon as you get this letter so we will have them in time. and don't forget to send me that music you promised me. I don't think I have any more to say so I will close Hoping to hear from you very soon again
I remain
Your loving sister
Mai.

If you have any newspapers send them over for I have nothing to read lately.

Mrs Morris is thinking of coming home this summer I hope she does. her father would like very much if she come.

No comments:

Post a Comment