Tuesday, August 14, 2012

February 14, 1910

From: May Gleasure, The Square, Listowel
To: Frank Gleasure, 4 Franklin St., Allston, Mass, U.S.A.

My dearest Frank,

I received your most welcomed letter on Friday night and was very glad to hear from you. I got a post card from Mrs Morris on Friday morning and a bundle of journals from her this morning. I also got the bundle of music (which you sent) this morning. I am very thankful to you for them we are very fond of music and we like the songs very well. I hope you were not sorry with parting from them. I get a bundle of books from Mrs Morris every month. We have very bad weather here now since Xmas we had two or three falls of snow, we had a very bad winter altogether there was a lot of rain and hail and was very cold all the time. There is nothing strange going on around here, Paddy Dowling got married last Tuesday to a girl out near Ballybunion. I think Nell will have to be shipping out now when they get settled down. Tell us if you went to the Kerry Ball. I am sure you must have some good times over there, it is so dull here sometimes that we actually don't know what to do with ourselves. I don't go to any dances because the Pater would not leave us. I often wish I could go to them. I am able to dance just a little. He don't leave us go around very much if we went out in the country for a Sunday he would be scolding us when we get back. You ought to speak about Annie getting some place again, it would be nearly time for her to be doing something now he never spoke about it since you mentioned it to him.

I suppose you have no notion of coming to Ireland this year there will be a cheap excursion this year I wish you'd come home to see us for a little while. Did you hear that Father Paul Dillane got a Parish of his own now out in Los Angelous he was very lucky to get it and he is so young he is doing very well. I often saw Priests and they'd be old men before they'd get a chance of a Parish, so he is very lucky. We are all very well at home hope you are enjoying health as well. I hope you won't be long till you write again I remain with best love from
Your loving sister
Mai.

No comments:

Post a Comment