Friday, August 24, 2012

May 6, 1910

From: May Gleasure, The Square, Listowel
To: Frank Gleasure, 4 Franklin St., Allston, Mass, U.S.A.

My dearest Frank,

I hope these few lines will find you enjoying health as we all are here at present. The reason of my writing to you is, there are two of John Parkinson's sons going out there. they will land in Boston, and are going to Hudson in New Hampshire and father asked me to write and ask you if you would be able to meet them when they land as there will be no one to meet them at Boston and you could put them on the right track. They are going by the White Star Line in the Zweland leaving Queenstown on the 18th May. you ought try and meet them if possible there names are Walter and Alfred. they are about 5 feet 6 or 10. in height you can't but make them out if you go to meet them, you'll know them by their faces anyway for they resemble old stock. I got some papers from Mrs Morris a short time ago but I got no letter this long time. We have got a Circus in town today I am going to it to night, it is a very good one they have a lot of wild beasts. How did you like my last Sticky Back. I am sending you another one now Hope you will like them if you get any of them Enlarged send one over to me. Write to me as soon as you get this Have you got any more music for me since, my birthday will be on the 27th May you ought send me some for that day I will be 18.

We will have the Big Fair next Wednesday. we are very busy preparing the shop for it. We have awful weather here you'd think it was winter it is so cold and lots of rain falling Hoping you will write soon and try to meet those boys if possible.
from your loving sister Mai.

No comments:

Post a Comment