Thursday, August 30, 2012

October 11, 1910

From: May Gleasure, The Square, Listowel
To: Frank Gleasure, 14 Webster Avenue, Allston, Mass. U.S.A.

Father is writing to you himself about that Certificate

My dearest Frank,

I received your most welcomed letter about a week ago and was very glad to hear from you.  We have some splendid weather here for the last month I hope it will continue until after the races and the big fair They are to be held on the 25th and 26th of this month.  I got a letter from Mrs Morris about three weeks ago do you ever write to her now.  By the way I want to ask you if you got the Photo of the house I sent I also had an newspaper with it you never said a word about it.  Father has not got the certificate of your baptism but I am telling you where you will get it.  I hope you will get me some nice songs when you are sending next ones the last ones were very nice also something nice to read I don't mind if they have only paper covers if the reading is nice or if you could get me a nice book of poem's I like poetry very much or diaulogues if you could get them.  Mrs Morris promised me some music but she did not send it yet.  Did you get Annie's letter she wrote a short time before I received the letter from you, well when she told me that she had a letter written to you I come very near getting a standing weakness we put a notch in one of the rafters in remembrance of it I suppose it is three or four years since she wrote to you last.  Father has two dogs in for the coursing it is to be held on the 3 + 4 Nov.  I hope they will win something this time they seem to be pretty good ones George has them well brought out he is very busy training them he don't care very much for racing at all now but coursing he could trace about dogs that would win stakes over in England for you he buys a lot of coursing papers and sees all about them.  No more to say so I will close Hoping you will write very soon again We are all quite well over here hope you are A.I. I suppose you had a splendid time at that wedding.
I remain
Your loving sister
Mai.

No comments:

Post a Comment