Tuesday, August 28, 2012

August 22, 1910

From: May Gleasure, The Square, Listowel
To: Frank Gleasure, 14 Webster Avenue, Allston, Mass, U.S.A.

My dear Frank,

I received your most welcomed letter this morning as was very glad to hear from you. I was looking out for a letter this long time I was going to write but it is lucky that I didn't. The weather here is very bad for the last 3 weeks or so. We had our Bishop in town yesterday George got confirmed. I was confirmed 3 years ago. Mrs Dillane died on the 12th Aug. and was buried in Duagh on 14th Annie and I went to the wake on Saturday night. father was going to go but George would not stop in the house alone with our Apprentice. Annie stoped in the country then for a week to keep them company all the boys were at home. Was I telling you that we had a new apprentice he is Doran from Corrig he is a cousin to the one we had before, he is about the greenest fellow I ever came across I don't think I have very much chance of getting holidays this year with him, Ned Carroll that we had before has got a splendid place down in County Waterford and he may thank father for it. His father Pat Carroll I don't know if you knew him died on the 15 July. Father did not say anything about Annie since, it would be time as you say that she was doing something for herself. We could manage very well without her for George knows something about the shop now. They are all well out at Tullig. Have you got any more music, I am going to get all those pieces bound together when I get some more of them we can get them done for nothing father got all his music books beautifully done one of our paper agents that done them. Write as soon as possible again I remain
Your loving sister Mai.

No comments:

Post a Comment