Wednesday, August 29, 2012

September 21, 1910

From: Annie Gleasure, The Square, Listowel
To: Frank Gleasure, 14 Webster Avenue, Allston, Massachusetts, U.S.A.

My Dear Brother,

I can find no excuse for not writing to you this long time past, but I suppose you must know by this time that I am a very bad correspondent.  I often got my note-paper and pen ready to write to you but I would sit before it for two hours maybe without writing a line and then put it away again.  I will try now after this to write more regularly.  I hope you are in good health and doing well, we are fairly well here ourselves, but George was rather sick last week, he suffers very much from indigestion, and so he must be rather particular about his food.  He got frightful thin lately, he is growing too, that might be the cause.  He hasn't been out in the country for any holidays this summer, and it would do him good if he could get out, but you know he has charge of those greyhounds and they take up all his time, they are an awful bother, four dogs and a little of five pups, you may be sure I am heartily sick of them around the place.  I suffered a great deal from indigestion myself last winter so I know what it is.  I was out for a week at Ballyhenessy at the time my Grandmother died and I can tell you I felt fine after it even though it was at such a sorrowful time, for I wasn't away from home since the time Paddy Connor was getting married.  It is something dreadful in this town not a bit of life, I wish I was out of it.  Now I am going to ask you if you could send me four pound for I want to get a set of teeth in and the pater won't get them for me and my teeth are very bad much worse than Mai's before she got hers out, so will you try and send it if you can as soon as you get this.  I have no more to say this time so I will close.

Remaining yours most affectionately
Annie Gleasure

No comments:

Post a Comment