Friday, August 17, 2012

April 18, 1910

From: May Gleasure, The Square, Listowel
To: Frank Gleasure, 4 Franklin St., Allston, Mass. U.S.A.

My dearest Frank

I hope these few lines in good health as we all are at present.  We are quite better of the cold we had father had it very bad.  The weather here at present is very cold with a little rain falling.  I did not hear from Mrs Morris lately I am expecting a letter any day now from her.  I have nothing strange to tell you this time only that old Frank Parkinson on the 1st April father and I were out at the furnel which took place on the 2nd April I suppose you will be surprised that they buried him so soon but you will be more surprised that they brough Willie home from London and did not delay the furnel sure they hardly let the man get cold.  Willie was not too thankful to them.  It was the Pollard crowd that was the cause of it I'm sure.  All the old men out at Tullig are dead now only the old man and I don't expect him to live long more he is getting very feeble lately Adam tells us that he sometime talks quite foolish, the old couple were not in town now since last October.  We are very thankful to you for the money Annie got hers last Thursday night.  If you get any more of that music and if you don't want it I hope you'll send it over.  There are two of John Parkinson son's and Henry Gleasure's son going over there soon I think they will be going about the first May.  I am sending you one of my Sticky Backs it is not a very good one I am taking them again this week I will send you another if they come out good no more to say Hoping you will write very soon from your loving sister Mai

No comments:

Post a Comment