Wednesday, August 8, 2012

December 1, 1909

From: May Gleasure, Listowel, Square
To: Frank Gleasure, 4 Franklin St. Allston, Mass U.S.A.

My dearest Frank,

I received your letter last night and was very glad to hear from you.

We are all very well at home hope you are enjoying health.  I got 6 or 7 letters from Mrs Morris since I heard from you last, she also sent me the Photo of her house and a ladies journal which was very nice she also sent me some post cards.  I got a letter the day before I received yours from her.  Annie the apprentice and I are stopping in the house by ourselves tonight because father and George are gone down to Limerick to a coursing match which is to be held tomorrow, they won't be home until tomorrow night about 9 oclock.  I won't close this letter till I give you an account of it.  We had a very busy time of it about the races and big fair.  Mysia Buckley got married to Mikey Keane the schoolmaster I don't know if you remember him.  he used to wear glasses.  I will be sending you something for Christmas very soon so be on the look out for it.  I hope you will send me something nice I like jewelery very much you sent Annie some very nice jewelery in the past years I would like a bracelet or a closed locket that I could put a small little photo inside it or I would love a watch I am always wishing for a watch and don't ever get one everyone in the house has one except myself.

There is not anything new in this place since I wrote to you last its the same old hole of a place since you left it.

I will send you a few of the Listowel views for Xmas.  I will send you a few papers soon also There will be a case of Gambling against the Buckley's in court next Saturday also a case of being caught on Sunday with town fellows inside drinking.  I don't think I have anymore to say so I will close Hoping to hear from you very soon again.

I remain
Your loving sister
Mai.

The dog was beat in the first course.

No comments:

Post a Comment