Thursday, August 30, 2012

October 16, 1910

From: May Gleasure, The Square, Listowel
To: Frank Gleasure, 14 Webster Ave., Allston, Mass, U.S.A.

My dear Frank,

I received those three books of music about a week ago and am very thankful for them they were very nice ones I had some of the songs that were in them myself. We are just over the races and Big Fair they passed away very quiet and we had two splendid fine days for the races but it was very wet for the Big Fair. We are going to have Coursing in Listowel on the 8th & 9th of December for the first time, there is an iron bridge going across to the Island Course so they can hold the race and Coursing there every year they have a lease of it for 99 years. Tom Connor came from England last Wednesday with his wife and two kids. he did not go to his own place or meet any of his own lads since he is out at Jude Daughton's his mother-in-law's. Father did not write to you since but he will do it one of these days he said. Did you here from Mrs Morris lately I had some papers from her but no letter this long time. I don't think I have any more to say Hoping you will write very soon I remain
Your loving sister
Mai Gleasure.

P.S. If you are sending me a Xmas present this year I would like a watch or bracelet and Annie said she would like a small gold locket one that you could close and open. I remember you said last year that you did not know what kind of things to get for us I would like a watch very much they all have them at home except me you can send whichever you like yourself. Hope you are well as we all are here at present. 

No comments:

Post a Comment