Sunday, June 10, 2012

September 15, 1907

From: May Gleasure, The Square, Listowel, Co. Kerry
To: Frank Gleasure, 28 Herrick Street, Brighton, Mass. U.S.A.

My dear Frank,

Just a line to let you know that I received your letter a short time ago and was very glad to hear from you.  We are having a little fine weather over here now.  Annie got the Photo's you send her George got his also.  Father went to the Tralee races last week the two day's George went with him the first day, he would have gone the second day but it being on Thursday and that was a market day so he had to stop at home and help me.  I think father won some money there.  We got the books you send us all right.  I have Annies and George's read I did not like the one you sent me I read some of it before and did not like it.  We did not get any one for the shop yet but father was talking to Pat Carroll about his young lad, he was in some shop in town a short time ago but he did not like the place.  Father Paul Dillon went back to America last Saturday, he told us that it would be ten years before he can come home again.  Rich Parkinson is stopping in the town now he got sick of staying out at Tullig.  We are having the races here on the 8 and 9 of October.  I am sending Jimmy O'Brian's Photo to Joe tell him to get some of them enlarged and send them to us he is always talking about Joe when he comes to town.  I am sending some papers this week.  Annie wrote to you a short time ago I hope you got her letter.  Tell Joe to write soon he dose not write very often.  I will close now as I have no more to say at present.  Hoping you will write soon again.

I remain
You loving sister
May Gleasure

P.S. This is the adress you asked me for.

Mrs. J.W. Morris
17 Mason St.
Detroit, Mich.
U.S.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment