Saturday, June 16, 2012

December 14, 1907

From: George F. Gleasure, The Squa, Listowel, Co Kerry
To: Joseph Gleasure, 28 Herrick St. Brighton, Mass., U.S.A.

Dear Joseph

I received your letter a few days ago and was very glad to hear from you.  Jimmy O'Brien comes in nearly every day now, but he is no good for playing as he drinks very much.  I am getting along very well with the violin now but as my little fiddle which father made for me is broken I have to play his own which is rather too big for me.  Me and May are attending school right along.  the teacher we have now is a great deal better than the last one, she explains the meaning of the things she teaches us.  Rich Parkinson is stopping at Medill's now I am sure he got tired of the country.  We are going into Tralee Saint Stephens day to see the coursing match.  I was outside at Connors for a week the time of the machine and had fine fun.  Annie said she will write shortly as she is very busy at present making dresses for May and herself.  We have fairly good weather over here now as the moon is out.  Hoping to hear from you soon.  Wishing ye all a Merry Christmas and a happy new years.

I remain
Your loving Brother
George F. Gleasure

No comments:

Post a Comment