Sunday, June 17, 2012

December 14, 1907

From: George F. Gleasure, The Square, Listowel, Co Kerry
To: Frank Gleasure, 28 Herrick St. Brighton, Mass U.S.A.

Dear Brother Frank

I think it is about time I should write to you now.  We have fairly good weather over here now.  I suppose there is snow over there already.  The people are beginning to carry their Christmas goods now.  Listowel is entirely changed since you went away.  There is no fun around Listowel now the place is very dull.  I am going to College next year and after a year or so at College I am going to Dublin to learn the violin.  We are sending over some little presents to ye which ye will get around Christmas.  Hoping to hear from ye soon.  Wishing ye all a Merry Christmas and a happy new year

I remain
Your Loving Brother
George F. Gleasure

No comments:

Post a Comment