Sunday, June 3, 2012

August 8, 1907

From: May Gleasure, The Square, Listowel, Co Kerry, Ireland
To: Frank Gleasure, 28 Herrick Street, Brighton, Mass

My Dear Frank,

I suppose you will be tired looking out for a letter by the time that this reaches you.  I was going to write before now but I was puting it off from day to day.  We have got our holidays now for the last three weeks they will be up in two weeks more.  George is out at James Connor's for the last 2 weeks I can't go out in the country this time as father is to busy.  Rich Parkinson came home last Thursday he has left the police force now and is getting his pension.  Pat and Tom Dillane is also at home they came last Saturday and Ned Dillane is coming home the middle of August.

Father got a letter last Sunday from his sister Mrs. Morris that is living over in Detroit she said that she is thinking of coming home this year she thought that the old man and woman out at Tullig were dead and buried long ago until she got a letter from them last month she said that she would like to come and see them.

Did you hear that Henry Carroll came home he got changed since he went to America he is very thin Tom Dillane said that he was near his death.  I suppose Joe will be surprised when he hear's that Tom Buckley came home again he arrived last Saturday night we did not see him yet.

We are sending some papers along with this letter, and hope you will get them all right, send us some papers soon I will close now as I have no more to say Hoping you will write soon

I remain
Your loving sister
May Gleasure

No comments:

Post a Comment