Friday, June 15, 2012

December 8, 1907

From: May Gleasure, The Square
To: Mr Joseph Gleasure, 28 Herrick St, Brighton, Mass U.S.A.

Dear Joseph

I received your letter a short time ago and was very glad to hear from you, Georgie also received his a short time after. I hope ye are well as we are here, we have very bad weather here now, we had a thunder storm last night but it was not much. Our new teacher is a good one her name is Miss Melligan she is very good for explaining arithmetic The old folk out at Tullig were in about a week ago, the old man was in with them he is getting very weak lately. Jerry Carroll is out there since September he went the time of the Tralle races. Annie has frightful pains in her teeth, I suppose you have great relief since you got your stumps out.

The same travellers are coming to the house they were surprized when they heard that you went over. We have got a Cash Register in the shop now 12 guineas was the prise of it.

I will not write now untill about Christmas time when we will be sending ye some little Christmas box. I have no more of interest to write about at present so I will close. Hoping to hear from you soon again.
I remain
Your loving sister
May.

Did you get the P.C. I sent you.

3 comments:

  1. I look forward to each day's installment of news from the Gleasures. What could that P.C. be, I wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're enjoying them! I'm certain that P.C. stands for postcard.

    ReplyDelete