Saturday, June 30, 2012

March 11, 1908

From: May Gleasure, The Square, Listowel, Ireland
To: Frank Gleasure, 28 Herrick St., Brighton, Mass U.S.A.

My dear Frank,

You must excuse me for not answering your letter before now. The weather here is very bad now at present it is raining almost every day. what way is the weather over there now. Paddy Connor got married on the 25th of February, to a girl of the Hicks at Farmers Bridge Annie was at the wedding. I suppose you heard that Henry Carroll died on the 11 February.

I am sending you my Sticky Back, it is not much of a one but it will remind you of your loving sister. George is also sending his. Annie did not take hers yet. Did Joe take his Photo since he went over if you have any of them will you send us one or two as we would like to have them.?

Annie did not get any letters S. Natick yet. Did you write to Mrs. Morris yet.? We are having St. Patricks day next Tuesday. I am sending you a piece of Shammrock it will not reach you in time now but you could put in a book and press it. We got your P.C.S that you send some time ago. they were very nice ones. I have a large collection of them I think it is 76 that I got through the post and some more blank ones I have a nice Album that I got for a present from my companion last Christmas. Have you got any nice books that you would send us. As we try to pass away our time by reading. the place is so dull I will send some papers this week. I will close now as I have no more to say Hoping you will write soon again

I remain
You loving sister
May

PS Excuse this scribble

No comments:

Post a Comment