Wednesday, June 6, 2012

August 27, 1907

From: George F. Gleasure, Square, Listowel, Co Kerry
To: Joseph Gleasure, 28 Herrick Street, Brighton, Mass U.S.A.

My Dear Joseph

I am writing you these few lines to let you know that we are all well at present. The weather is very fine for the last week, but it got a bit dark to day threatening for rain. Our school opened yesterday. I was outside at James Connors for the last three weeks, they have all the hay saved. I had fine times outside there. May could not go any place this year as there is no one in the shop only Father. There was a Feis in Listowel last Sunday week but it was not worth a fig. Rich Parkinson is out on pension and Tom will be coming out on Christmas. I am getting along with the fiddle very well now, the little one father made is a failure now, but he is going to buy a new one for me. We have got a little greyhound now, we got him from Tom Carroll in Lixnaw he is eleven weeks old everybody says he will be a good one. The races are fast approaching now, they are only six weeks and I wonder could you send me a pair of feild glasses in time for them as I would like a pair to be looking at the horses through them. Father is settling the upper rooms now as we are going to sleep in them and have the small room for the kitchen. As I have no more of interest to write about

I remain
Your Loving Brother
George F. Gleasure

No comments:

Post a Comment