Monday, June 11, 2012

October 30, 1907

From: May Gleasure, The Square, Listowel, Co. Kerry
To: Frank Gleasure, 28 Herrick Street, Brighton, Mass. U.S.A.

Dear Frank,

Just a few lines to let you know that I received your letter a few days ago and was glad to hear from you.  We are getting very bad weather over here now, we are all in good health as I hope you and Joe are two.  We have got Ned Carroll at the shop now for the last six or seven weeks, his brother Henry is not very well for the last week or ten days the priest and Doctor is attending him.  I don't think he will do by what I hear them saying.  We have got another new teacher she seems to be something better than the last one we had.  I did not go to the races this year but all the others went to them.  Ned and I had to stop and mind the place because father went to the island two days.  There was a great scuffle the first evening of the races in the shop but the police were outside the door and they soon put a stop to it.  I went out in the evening of each day for about an hour and a half.  We had the big fair last Monday there was a great crowd of people in town.  The three of us were kept busy the whole till about 8 oclock in the evening Did you get the fiddlers photo that I send in my last letter  I suppose you got the papers that I sent you a short time ago  I will close now as I have no more to say at present.  Hopeing to hear from you soon again I remain

Your loving sister
May

P.S Fathers sister said that she would like you to write to her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment