Sunday, January 8, 2012

May 23rd, 1908

From May Gleasure: The Square, Listowel, Ireland
To: Frank Gleasure: 4 Franklin Street, Suite 2, Allston, MA

My dearest Frank,

I received your letter on the big fair morning (13th May) and was very glad to hear from you. We have fairly good weather over here now, but the last two days were very bad. We were very busy on the big fair day. We were kept busy from about 8'oclock until we shut the shop. We had to put out a very tough crowd at 10 oclock, I guess you know the kind they are. The baliff came on Henry Gleasure last week and he had to sell his farm. Rich Parkinson bought it and gave him £475 for it. He paid him yesterday and then father advised him to put it into the bank. You know if Jane came around it, it would not be long going. We got the papers and books you sent. The book you sent me was something lovely. I like books like that one was. Hilda McCarthy is getting married in July to a doctor in Dublin. They are to be married in London. It is a swell affair you. Did you get that last Sticky Back I sent you? You did not say anything about it. Will you get one of them enlarged and send me one? I would like to have one as all the ones that I had were taken from me. Will you send us some flags the next time you are writing, for the 4th of July, some nice ones now mind as we have not got any. Rich Parkinson's mother died about a month ago. Father and I went to the wake it was of a Sunday night. And then Father and George went to the funeral it was of a Tuesday. Write as soon as you can again. I have no more to say at present.

I remain
Your loving sister
May

No comments:

Post a Comment