Wednesday, January 25, 2012

July 18th, 1902

From: Joseph Gleasure, The Square, Listowel, Ireland
To: Frank Gleasure, 82 West Canton Street, Boston, MA

Dear Brother,

I received the cheque all right, but I forgot to write to you about it. I am getting on pretty well at school, and the teacher is taking great interest in me. He hadn't to say a cross word to me yet. We have just got three weeks holidays. Peter Buckley is at home again but he is a little queer yet, but he has the same old notions. May is getting on all right now for she is out at Tullig about a month. George is out at James Connor's since yesterday so that the house is very quite. I am able to ride a bycicle grand. The first time I went on one I rode it about fifty yards. I do hire a one on Sunday for 1/9 pence and take a ride James Connors and from that to Tullig and back again.

We had very bad weather up to the 1st of July but we are getting the Summer now. I had only two bathes yet the weather was so bad I would give any to be over in South Natick again, but some day Please "God" I will be walking the streets of South Natick. I do be very lonesome when I think of times when I was there. The times have changed here greatly and I suppose they are changed over too. As I have no more to say I will close hoping you are well.

Your Sincere Brother,

Joseph Gleasure

No comments:

Post a Comment