Tuesday, January 24, 2012

May 15th, 1902

From: George Gleasure (Frank's father), Listowel, Kerry, Ireland
To: Frank Gleasure, 82 West Canton Street, Boston, MA

Dear Frank,

We are glad to hear that you are alright from the cut you got as we had your letter about ten days ago. We are all well at home at present but May is a little unwell just now but I hope will be alright after a while. Dear Frank, I think you did not get my last letter that I sent about the fourth of March and was very anxious to hear from you at the time in account of the hand. You said nothing about it in Joe's letter so I think you did not get it. So let us know when you write as I sent you a great deal of news in it. I told you that Mathias Quilter was buried New Year's Day and John Mol Quilter at Ballyrehan and now Patt Faley at Creaghs is dead and buried. I also told you about the papers of naturalization as you were thinking of taking them out. As you could get them easier through mine if you saw what I told you. I am going to tell you now that Henry Carrol is going out to Boston and is booked to sail on Sunday next the 18th on the Umbria for New York and is then going for Boston so be on the lookout for him if you get this note in time. I gave him your address as he got no answer from the sisters in Lowell. As I told him, he made a mistake that did not go direct to Boston and you could meet him at the custom house. So you will hardly meet him now until he calls at the house. At the same time, be on the lookout for him at the station if you can find out when the vessel arrives at New York. I think he will be kept back for the next Boston boat. If he doesn't turn up, be on the lookout for the Boston boat. Write soon after you get this note and let us know all. No more at present.

From George Gleasure
To Frank Gleasure

No comments:

Post a Comment