Thursday, January 24, 2013

March 14, 1935

From: George F. Gleasure, Company 119 CCC, Bellows Falls, VT
To: Frank Gleasure, 2 Grant Avenue, Allston, Mass.

Dear Pa;

I am writing to ask you to send me some stamps and some cigaretts as I cannot get time to go down town and get them because after working all day Im tired and besides I am broke.  The Captain asked us who wanted to re enlist over again and I told him no, so I ought to be home by the first or third of April I don't know what to write about as there is no news except that the senate instead of abolishing the CC Camps entirely are going to have them cut down to one hundred men to each camp, so that means a lot of guys will be without work after the first of the month  Well this is all for now  Don't forget to write and send the stamps.

George.

No comments:

Post a Comment