Tuesday, January 15, 2013

January 13, 1935

From: George F. Gleasure (Frank's son), CO 119 CCC, Bellows Falls, Vermont
To: Frank Gleasure, 2 Grant Avenue, Allston-Boston, Mass.

Dear Pa;

I received the money order all right but had to go through a lot of red tape to have it cashed so if you send any more money just put it into the letter because if you send an order I have to hike two miles to cash it and its below zero here.  They have me working out in the woods on wood detail 14 miles from camp and we have to ride back and forth in an open truck and its terrible cold when that truck is moving.  The gang up here are a bunch of crooks so I ordered a CCC trunk that is going to cost me $4 and they take it out of my pay at the end of the month

I have a heavy cold ever since I left Camp Devens last week and I can't get rid of it.  If you can get a jack knife for about a quarter send one up to me by mail.  The cheapest one here cost one dollar.

Don't forget to write.

George.

Go up to Daltons office and get my false teeth I didn't have time to get them my self.

No comments:

Post a Comment