Tuesday, January 8, 2013

January 18, 1926

From: Annie Gleasure, The Square, Listowel, Co. Kerry, Ire.
To: Frank Gleasure, 89 Surrey Street Brighton, Mass. U.S.A.

Dear Frank,

Well I received your letter about three weeks ago and if I put off writing any longer I'm afraid it would be some time before you would hear from me for I'm not much good for letter writing.  Needless to say we were delighted to hear from you and that you are going along all right, of course it won't be altogether easy until the girls grow up and take charge of the housekeeping, but after another few years you won't feel them growing up.  It was too bad you meeting so much dissapointment in your married life.  I would have liked to have gone over after Father died but the way George was placed and then I wasn't very strong either, my health broke down altogether after-wards but I'm quite strong again now.  I expect it would be like going to a new country if I went now it would be rather strange to me.  Quite a lot of people go from here I don't know how they all get work.  Aunt Bridge's daughter left where she was and went out to Chicago.  I suppose you hardly ever see Uncle Mike or Aunt Annie?  All the people in Tullig are going on well the eldest girl is married in Castlemaine seven miles outside Tralee, they keep a grocery shop and the second eldest boy is here with us in the shop for the past year.  I don't think you would know any one round here now the people have changed so and its awfully quiet here. Well I must come to a close now wishing you every prosperity.  With love from all
Your affectionate sister Annie.

No comments:

Post a Comment