Wednesday, January 16, 2013

January 18, 1935

From: George F. Gleasure, Company 119 CCC, Bellows Falls, Vermont
To: Frank Gleasure, 2 Grant Avenue, Allston Boston, Mass.

Dear Pa.

I thought Id write and give you some bad news.  I started out to work monday morning and got both my ears frozen solid so now they got me working on a camp detail all in side work and on top of that I got a couple of big [bayles?] and I can't go to town on account of the ears so if you can get me some cigaretts about three or four packages mail them to me.  Will you see if you can get after that railroad police chief see if you can get me a job as a railroad cap because I dont want to stay here all the time its too damn cold here you freeze in no time no matter how much clothes you got on.

Don't forget to write

George

No comments:

Post a Comment