Monday, July 9, 2012

September 12, 1908

From: May Gleasure, The Square, Listowel
To: Frank Gleasure, 4 Franklin St., Allston, Mass, U.S.A.

Dearest Frank,

I received your letter a few days ago and was very glad to hear from you. We are not getting very good weather here lately, it is very unsettled. We also got the books which you sent Annie's must have being delayed somehow or other because she did not get hers untill Wednesday morning, they are very nice books. The Tralee race's were held last Wednesday and Thursday, father and George went to them on Thursday they could not go on Wednesday because the rain was something awful on that day. We are having the Listowel races on the 6th and 7th October.

The old people were in from Tullig about a week ago, they are all well out there. Tom & Ned Dillane were home on their holidays, Ned is gone away again, but Tom is at home still, he won't go back until next Saturday. We got those P.C.'s you sent they were very nice one's I will send you some more later on. I heard that Myra Smyth was coming home, do you ever see her now.

John P. Buckley is home on his holidays now he is not a bit changed only that he got a bit stylish. I suppose you remember the Sullivan's the painters that were living in the Square, well they are left the town now and are gone to Dublin. I will send some papers on next Monday. Would you be able to send Annie and I something for the race's, if it was only a pound between us we would be very thankful, we don't like to be asking father for every little penny and half penny we want because you know the kind he is yourself. I think if you wrote to Annie I am sure she would answer to you, she doesn't like letter writing at all. Hoping you will write before the race's,

I remain
Your loving sister
May

Dear Frank,
I had to open my letter to let you know that we got three more books again yesterday morning are are very thankful also the lovely P.C.'s Hope you will not forget what I asked you for. before the races.

1 comment:

  1. Poor Frank, he was constantly sending them stuff and they seem never to be satisfied. Now it's money they want and within a short timeframe. Frank had the patience of Job with his sisters

    ReplyDelete