Monday, July 2, 2012

April 8, 1908

From: May Gleasure, The Square, Listowel
To: Frank Gleasure, 34 Hichborn Street, Brighton, Mass. U.S.A.

My dear Frank

We received your two letters last Tuesday and was very glad to hear from you.  We are having some fine weather now for the last week.  I must have forgot to mention the money which you sent to Annie and I, we got it all right and was very thankful to you for it.  Annie did not get any letters from S. Natick yet.  Paddy Connor is going to live down at Gentleman's lodge now untill he gets a more sutiable house, he brought his wife home  We are expecting her into town today this is a horse fair day in the town.  Annie did not get her sticky back taken the man went away sooner than she expected.  I am sending you one of mine, the girl that is along with me is Eva Cuthbertson she is my only companion.

The measels are raging in the towns and country now now, there are any amount dying form them, all the schools are shut up in towns and country alto ours.  The whole lot of Adam's children got them but they are rid of them now.  I saw by the papers that there was forty people died from them in Tralee during the last three weeks.

Did you get the P.C. which I sent you by post, do not forget to send the books which you promised us.  I will send those long promised papers this week for sure.  Will you try and get our Sticky backs enlarged and send us one of them.  Dick McCarthy is giving up business in Listowel he is having a cheap sale father was down there yesterday and Dick carried him out to the stores and when he came he told us that he couldn't sell out the things that are there for the next 3 months, there are some of them things there for the last 15 years or more.  We are all quite well at home here I hope you are the same way.  There are two girls from convent street going to America this morning I expect they are halfway to Tralee by this.  I will close now as I have no more to say.  Hoping you will write soon again

I remain
Your loving sister
May

Excuse this scribbling as I am in a hurry for school.

No comments:

Post a Comment