Tuesday, July 24, 2012

April 13, 1909

From: May Gleasure, The Square, Listowel
To: Frank Gleasure, 4 Franklin St. Allston, Mass. U.S.A.

My dearest Frank,

I got your letter a short time ago but neglected answering it before now.  Dodey Nolan died a short time ago her sisters did not come home at all.  Jim Parkinson is leaving home to day he only stopped a week at home, Those last book that you sent were very nice also the last papers.  We are playing on the organ again.  We had a great foot-ball match in town last Sunday (Easter Sunday) it was a match between Kerry & Dublin Dublin won the game.  There was an awful crowd in town, there was a cheap excursion from Dublin 8/ shillings for a ticket to last three days, there was a lot of fighting in the evening a police man came near being killed he had to be carried to hospital.  I suppose you remember that Ned Dillon that called on you one Sunday I heard that he is now working in the same place that Joe was working.  I am going to ask a request and that is would you be able to send Annie & I some money a pound each if you could spare it, we are awfully hard up at present and we want to get a few things for the summer.  I hate asking you to send us money but I will not do it again for a long time again.  I will be taking the impression of my gums on Thursday so I will have my teeth very soon I don't think that I have any more to say at present so I will close Hoping to hear from you very soon again

I remain
Your loving sister
Mai.

No comments:

Post a Comment