Wednesday, July 11, 2012

November 21, 1908

From: May Gleasure, The Square, Listowel
To: Frank Gleasure, 4 Franklin St., Allston, Mass, U.S.A.

Dearest Frank,

I received your last letter & was very glad to hear from you. We have had the finest weather you ever saw over here for this time of the year, but it is very wet today. We did very good business on the Nov. big fair we were kept busy the whole day. The photo's that you sent were lovely, I will not send mine untill I will be sending you something for Christmas George has one of his to send to you also, we have one of our grey hound that we are sending too, we had him at the coursing match in Tralee, but he lost his course he is a very good dog, we are putting him in again for St Stephens day.

We got the bundles of papers that you sent we got a bundle this morning. There is going to be a lady teaching the fiddle in town now she is a splendid player. We did not play our organ since, I am longing for a play on it. I got a lovely church hymn book with the much for a prize at the Sunday school exam. this year and George got a story book.

I suppose ye had a fine time at the election I saw some post cards of the new president that came from New York I hope you will send us some of them. Don't forget to send us some more books when you have time we have got another grey hound pup, we got him from the Fitzells down at Tocherbarn, so we have three of them now. I will send you something for Christmas about next week. Hoping to hear from you soon again

I remain
Your fond sister
May

No comments:

Post a Comment