Tuesday, July 17, 2012

March 4, 1909

From: Mai Gleasure, Listowel, Square
To: Frank Gleasure, 4 Franklin St, Allston, Mass. U.S.A.

My dear Frank,

I received your letter yesterday morning and was very glad to hear from you. We have very cold frosty weather here now, with hardly any rain, we had a small fall of snow last night. They did not win any more money the dogs since, they had them in Tralee last week, but they only brought a couple of pounds with them. The coursing is over now until October, we have a pup 6 months old is he the funniest little grey-hound, he will be in racing condition next season.

We got the two bundles of papers alright the last ones you sent were very nice, I hope you will not forget those books. The old folks out at Tullig are all well, they are getting the Old Age pension (10/ a week for the two). Old George Parkinson and his wife died about three weeks ago. Rich Parkinson got married to one of the Pollards I heard that Jerry Carroll is getting married over there on Easter Sunday. There is another one of them going out there in a short time he has got his ticket to go. I am going to school still  I wish that I could have off going I am the biggest one that is going there now and George is the next and then there is only a pack of young infants all the big boys & girls have left this year. Do you ever see any of the Buckley girls now? I don't think that I have any more to say at present so I will close. Hoping to hear from you very soon again
I remain
Your most loving sister
Mai.

I thought that you were going to change your address.

No comments:

Post a Comment