Sunday, July 8, 2012

August 4, 1908

From: May Gleasure, The Square, Listowel
To: Frank Gleasure, 4 Franklin St., Allston. Mass. U.S.A

My dear Frank,

I received your letter yesterday morning and was very glad to hear from you. We are all quite well and we have some splendid weather here. We got the papers all right. Our vacation is nearly over now we will have to go back to school next Monday, George was out at Connor's for the last two weeks. I could not go out in the country atall as I had to stop in the shop, because father was doing up the house and we can't trust young Carroll in the shop by himself. I got two of my teeth taken out last Friday I am taking out some more to day, he told me I had not a single good tooth in my head except 6 or 7 of the lower ones, it is Dr. Lane that is taking them out. Matt Behan died since I wrote to you last. Last Saturday week he felt a little sick in the morning and said that he would stop in bed for awhile, in the evening they saw that he was getting worse so they sent for the three Dr's, and on Sunday morning about 9 o'clock he died, he had something wrong with his stomach. I will send some post cards this week. I hope you will not forget to send me some more books as I would like to pass the time away, it is very dull to be in the shop with nothing to do sometimes. We did not get a letter from Mrs Morris for a long time now. We had the annual sports here last Thursday they were a dead failure. there was no crowd here as they were held on a Thursday the weather was to warm and they were trying to get their hay saved. I am sending you another one of my photos I hope you will be able to get one of them enlarged. I hope you will answer this very soon again and don't forget the post cards.

I remain
Your loving sister
May

No comments:

Post a Comment