Saturday, March 17, 2012

May 8, 1906

From: Joseph Gleasure, The Square, Listowel, Ireland
To: Frank Gleasure, 33 Arden Street, Allston, Boston, Massachusetts

Dear Brother,-

I hope you are healthy and strong as we all are at home. We received the papers you sent on Sunday, and were very interested in them, owing to the Earthquake disaster in San Francisco. The papers here only gave an outline of it.

I would have wrote long ago, but you said in your last letter you were going out to Allston again. I am writing now to tell you there is a fellow going to Boston from here and father wants you to meet him if you possibly can as he has nobody there to meet him. He is Pat Sullivan that used to be in Lord Listowel's office at Gurtenard I am sure you remember him. He is sailing Saturday 12th May on the Cymric and expects to land about Sunday the 20th. He is a great friend of ours and is in with us every day. I hope you won't forget it.

We are getting some very rainy weather here for the last two weeks. I suppose ye have very fine weather over there now.

I hope you won't forget to send for me about August as you promised. Father won't have no objection to let me go, as I will have to go some time. I am heartily sick of this place. I would go mad if I am here very long more. I haven't got a friend in Listowel since Peter went away. So I ask you to let me know for fact if you will carry me over this Summer. As I have no more of interest to write, I will remain

Your loving Brother
Joseph Gleasure (written in shorthand)
My name in shorthand

No comments:

Post a Comment