Wednesday, March 14, 2012

February 3, 1906

From: George F. Gleasure, The Square, Listowel, Co. Kerry
To: Frank Gleasure, 33 Arden Street, Allston, Massachusetts

My Dear Frank,

I was expecting a letter from you during last Month. Did you get the presents we sent. I liked the knife very much it is frightful sharp. and annie cut herself the first time she took it in her hand. The book you send Joe is very interesting about the indians I have it nearly all read now. I have the soldiers you send me yet. I bought Cannon for them and I am going to make tents for them. Mr. Crosbie gave a nice party and a Christmas tree it was a nice party there was a lot of people at it. We are selling a lot of things in the shop now. how is the weather over there now we had a very good winter this season. Me and May go out to Tullig every summer when the hay is making we do have good sport tumbling in the hay. The old man don't do any work now he is getting very old. Be sure and write soon.
I remain-
your loving brother
George F. Gleasure

P.S. have you any notion of coming home?

No comments:

Post a Comment