Thursday, March 15, 2012

February 10, 1906

From: May Gleasure, The Square, Listowel, Co Kerry, Ireland
To: Frank Gleasure, 33 Arden Street, Allston, Massachusetts

My dear Frank

I was expecting a letter from you all last month. Did you get the cards and presents which we sent, the pin which you sent me was very nice and every one admired it, we all thought that they were lost they didn't arrive untill four or five days after Joes things. Mr. Crosbie gave a very nice treat a week after Christmas, we had tea at Gurtnard House and when the tea was over, we all came down to the school where the Christmas tree and concert was going to be. We all got our things off, the tree and then it was removed out to the yard, then Mr. Crosbie did some very nice conjuring tricks. The school children sang two action songs, and then a few girls played on the piano and sang some songs. Our organ is a very good one. I would rather a piano than an organ because I don't like pressing the pedals.

We go out to Tullig every summer when we get our holidays. Sometimes we go out in the train and other times by car. The old man does not do any work now. I would not know you at all in the photographs you sent last if I didn't know that it was you who sent them. Hoping you will write to me soon, I remain
Your loving sister,
May Gleasure

No comments:

Post a Comment