Tuesday, March 13, 2012

January 10, 1906

From: Annie Gleasure, The Square, Listowel, Ireland
To: Frank Gleasure, 33 Arden Street, Allston, Massachsuetts

My dear brother,

I fear you have missed a letter from me at Christmas when all the rest wrote to you so I am writing now to tell you that we have received the presents and letter that you have so kindly sent.  We were all delighted with the gifts; the braclet especially was much admired, (May was quite envious) though I do not care very much about jewellary, I should prefer a tiny gold watch.  By the way, those photographs don't look a bit like you.  May and I will have ours taken in Tralle next Summer if possible.  This town is going on much the same, so there is nothing new to write about it.

Mr. Crosby is giving a tea party at Gurtnard House tomorrow, and a Christmas tree and concert in the schoolroom afterwards.  I am sure it will be very pleasant.  May intends writing and telling you all about it next week.

I expect you have had a good laugh when you read Georgie's letter, for he has small letters where he should have had capital letters and vice versa.

I am glad to hear you are doing so well at your work; I only I were earning my own living by now.  I was disappointed in not received some money to take music lessons: for I intended starting at the first of the year.  Will you send some as soon as convenient?  I find my letter is an awful scribble as I read it over, so you must excuse it.  I must close now, wishing you every prosperity during the coming year and remaining your affectionate sister Annie.

No comments:

Post a Comment