Friday, December 21, 2012

March 15, 1925

From: May Baker, 12 Dunedin, Connaught Ave., Cork
To: Frank Gleasure, 232 Parsons St., Brighton, Mass., U.S.A.

My dear Frank

Just a line or two once again hoping that I'll get an answer this time as I wrote to you on a few different occasions and never got an answer from you they also tell me at home that they did not hear from you either I hope you'll drop me a few lines and let us know how you are doing. I often think of you and wonder if your wife is better yet and able to be at home with you. Annie is still at home with George & wife she would like to start some little business here in the city but its very hard to get a suitable place and rent is so high, and then again she thinks of going across to America I wish she were settled down at something as I needn't tell you she is getting on in years after spending all her time house-keeping for the lot of us its to bad she hasn't a home of her own.

How are all your little children I expect they are getting big now. I have two little boys Joseph aged 4 years and George who was born on Xmas Eve last. I sent you some Photo's over 12 months ago of all of you when ye were small did you get them alright you never wrote to me about them or answered any of my letters I hope you'll write a few lines to me and tell me how you are getting on as I often wonder and think about you and would like to write to you often for there is only just the four of us left now and we ought to keep in touch with one another and the old home has a new mistress how time does fly be sure and write a few lines as soon as you get this. with best wishes to all from
Your loving sister May.

No comments:

Post a Comment