Wednesday, December 5, 2012

November 4, 1918

From: George Gleasure Jr., Square Listowel
To: Frank Gleasure, 36 Litchfield St. Brighton, Mass. U.S.A.

[Opened by Censor 3067]

Dear Frank,

We received your most welcome letter a few days ago all right and are glad to hear that yourself, Mrs. & family are in the best of health as this leaves us all here.  You will be surprised to hear from me as it is such a long time since I wrote to you before, I was only a little kid when I done so.  I am at home at present.  I find it a bit dull after the city you never feel the time passing there it is so much livelier than a country town.  you need not be a bit afraid that I will get mixed up with any bad company there or any other place I am too wide awake for that.  All the Tullig folks are quite well, including Grandmother.  She was in town a few days ago and is quite strong yet, although she is pretty well advanced now.  The farmers in this country are making piles of money over this war they are a hungry lot.  I expect ye are beginning to feel the effects of it over there now, It has not pinched this country so much as you would expect.  I expect by the time this letter reaches you that you will see the end of it and it is a good job that the Germans are licked.

I expect that will not be called up at all.  I am sure they only want to find out who is in the Country.  About the Citizenship papers. I will give you the reading of Fathers paper so you will have all the Information you want.

The following is where the paper was taken out.

Frank H. Mason, Esq.,
Clerk United States District Court,
Government Building, Post Office Square,
Boston, Mass.
Room No. 111.

The paper was taken out at Boston on the 25th day of October 1894.

I think that the above covers all the Information that you want on the matter.  I hope that it does so as you will have no more trouble with it.

Well Frank I think I will close now as I have no more of Intrest to write about.  Hoping that will write to me again soon.

I remain
Your Loving Brother
George.

No comments:

Post a Comment