Wednesday, November 14, 2012

August 14, 1916

From: May Gleasure, The Square, Listowel, Co Kerry, Ire.
To: Frank Gleasure, 36 Litchfield St., Brighton, Mass, U.S.A.

[Opened by censor 3211]

Dear Frank,

A few lines to you as I have given up hope of getting an answer to my last letter I do hope that you and family are quite well, we are just about the same here all the time We've had very warm weather here for the past three weeks it was the warmest weather I ever remember but there has being a great change for the past few days I think we are back to the wet weather again. I suppose you read all about the Irish Rebellion the newspapers, there was a great loss of trade over it for about six week owing to not being able to get any goods. especially in our trade. Annie has been very anxious to hear from you as I said before she wants to go out to you in fact she thought that she would be there before the fall of this year. but when you didn't write she did not make up her mind and there's some girls from this place going out next month she'd like to have being with them George will be out of his time in two weeks I don't know if he will be kept on in Listowel or not I may tell you he is a foolish young fellow at the start of his days. I will close now Hoping I will have an answer by return of post and Hoping that ye are all quiet well
Iremain
Your Loving Sister
Mai.

No comments:

Post a Comment