Tuesday, October 2, 2012

July 23, 1912

From: May Gleasure, The Square, Listowel
To: Frank Gleasure, 11 Westford Street, Allston, Mass. U.S.A.

My Dear Frank,

I received your most welcomed letter a few days ago and was very glad to hear from you.  Glad to learn ye are quite well over there we are much the same over here all the time, but Mrs Connor of Mt Cole is sick, she will hardly live she has some stomach trouble, they are in a bad way with her as they have to stop and mind her because they have no girl only the servant maid.  I suppose you must be very proud at having a daughter.  I was delighted when I heard she was to be called after me, you may say I felt very proud of it.  I hope she is progressing on well.  We have a very bad summer here this year We had not a single dry day here in June nothing but rain all the time.  Ned Dillane has got married last month to a girl from Killarney he is getting on very well in the police force and by all accounts the girl he got had a share of money.  About that music book you need not be in a hurry with it because I don't mind so long as I have it for the short days for I am out most of my time during the summer.  but if you had anything to read in fact old newspapers or any thing at all.  Annie often goes about writing to you and then it slips her memory again if there's anything she hates its writing letters.  My father and all at home are quite well, I don't think I have any more to say at present so I will close with best love to all.
I remain
Yours loving sister
Mai.

I hope you will answer this very soon again you so seldom write.

No comments:

Post a Comment