Wednesday, October 10, 2012

April 21, 1913

From: May Gleasure, The Square, Listowel
To: Mrs. Frank Gleasure, 4 Bayard Street Allston Mass. U.S.A.

My Dear Sister-in-law

A few lines hoping they will find ye in the best of health as we all are here at present.  We have very bad weather over here all the time nothing but rain I don't think it stopped raining yesterday for five minutes.  I expect ye are getting the fine weather now.  I am sending a Photo of the family with this letter I hope it will get there all right I am standing at my father's left hand and Annie is at the other side with George in the middle they did not come out very well as the man that was taking them was in a hurry to catch a train it was a Mr. McCarthy from Tralee that took them.  Ask Frank to tell me if he would know us, he never saw me with my hair up before so it will make a change.  he will hardly know George as there is a big change in him in the line of the way he grew lately but his face came out quite different to what it is, he will be 19 years next September and I will be 21 on the 27th of May.  Tell Frank I got those books he sent me also we got the newspapers.  Have you got any Photo of yourself.  we would love to get one of yourself and Frank No more to say this time Hoping you will write to me to.
I remain
Your loving sister-in law
Mai.

No comments:

Post a Comment