Thursday, October 4, 2012

December 10, 1912

From: May Gleasure, The Square, Listowel
To: Frank Gleasure, 4 Bayard Street, Allston, Mass., U.S.A.

My dear Frank,

I hope the arrival of this letter will find ye all well as we all are here at present.

We have very bad weather here for the last month or more. Business is very bad here for the last twelve months there was fever raging in the town for three or four months and kept everybody away now it is a cattle disease that is going on and has knocked up all the fairs so we are meeting a lot of disappointments in the line of business. How is the baby getting on I hope she don't give ye any trouble like she used some time ago I am sending her a little Xmas present it is not very much this time as you know money is very scarce at Xmas time. I would have something made and all but I did not know what would fit her so I am sending her a piece of silk and her mother can get something made for her with it. I am sending you a little token also hope you will get them all right Did you get my music book yet. I would like it for a Xmas box. Annie George and father asks to be remembered to ye I hope you will send me a good long letter in answer to this and tell me all about the baby as I am very interested in her. I don't think I have any more to say at present so I will close Wishing ye all a Very Happy Xmas and a Prosperous New Year Iremain
Your loving sister
Mai Gleasure

No comments:

Post a Comment