Friday, September 14, 2012

January 5, 1912

From: May Gleasure, The Square, Listowel
To: Frank Gleasure, 10 Electric Avenue, Brighton, Mass, U.S.A.
My dear Frank,

A few lines hoping they will find you quite well and enjoying life as we all are at present here. We have extremely bad weather here now I suppose ye have it bad over there there now too. I got your letter at Xmas with the cards in it and we were very disappointed when you did not send us any presents what harm but we were looking out all the time back to see what you would send us. I only got about ten. I got a beautiful gold pin from Fanny. I suppose you don't ever write to her now she was asking after you in the last letter. I hope you got my letters alright at Xmas and those that I sent to the old address. What about that Music and books you promised us I hope you will send them soon if you could get a good thick book of songs don't get a dear one for the cheap ones are the best I am sure your wife could pick out a good one the Fever is raging bad here in town at present. I suppose you like to have a house of your own it is a lot more comfortable too but you have laid out a lot of money on it. I suppose it is easy for you too sure you must be a millionaire by this for your ten years. but I never thought you would turn a Catholic for anyone. Father is getting quite strong now again but he never works now in the shop its me that looks after it. we had a most awful busy time before Xmas. I don't think I have any more to say at present so I will close Hoping to hear from you by return and Wishing you and your wife A Very Happy and Prosperous New Year I remain
Your loving sister
Mai.

Father said he would like some news papers. send him some.

No comments:

Post a Comment