Wednesday, September 5, 2012

May 22, 1911

From: Mai Gleasure, The Square, Listowel
To: Frank Gleasure, 437 Cambridge St. Allston, Mass U.S.A.

My dear Frank,

I received your most welcomed letter last week and was very glad to hear from you.  We are getting some splendid weather here at present but a lot of thunder and lighting around the county Kerry.  doing a little harm here and there.  I suppose ye have fine weather over there.  George is down at Toherbane at present on his holidays for the last week.  We had the big fair last Monday it was a very good fair and we done great buisness.  I was out at Tullig yesterday the old man is not very well at all he was very bad about a month ago we thought he'd die but he got a little better after that but he is getting bad again his legs and hands are all swelled up.  I did not get that music you spoke about in your letter yet  I hope it won't be long in coming.  We are going to have the Big Sports 29th June here in Listowel.  Henry Gleasure's son went over to the Parkinson last month they are in Nashua and are getting on splendid.  I never knew you were so old as 29 years.  I will be 19 next Saturday.  Did you hear from Mrs Morris lately or does she write to you now.  The next time you are writing I want you to send me a few flags for the 4 July.  be sure and send them now I asked you last year for them and you never sent them and the one I have is not very good and we would like to have them as we always wear them on that day.  I hope you will write very soon again and if you can send those flags No more to say at present so I will close.  I hope that music won't be long in coming  I hope you are well as we all are here at present.
I remain
Your loving sister
Mai.

No comments:

Post a Comment