Thursday, September 13, 2012

December 8, 1911

From: May Gleasure, The Square, Listowel, Co Kerry Ire.
To: Frank Gleasure, 10 Electric Avenue, Brighton, Mass. U.S.A.

My dear Frank,
Just a few lines hoping they will find you in good health as we all are at home at present. Why in the world did you not write to us ever since father is surprised to say you are not writing. Father is as well as ever again he is quite strong now. We have very bad weather here now nothing but rain and hailstone I suppose ye have very bad weather there now too. There was one of the Buckley girls went from Listowel over to the same place as you are she called here the night before she left I suppose you have seen her by this. I am sending you something for Xmas next week I hope you will get it all right I would have wrote before now but I thought you might have changed your address. I suppose you are married by this did you get any wedding presents I would have sent you something but father was sick at that time and I had no time to see to any thing I don't think I have any more to say at present so I will close Hoping to hear from you very soon look out for what I am sending you I hope it will reach you Safely. I hope you will send me something nice for Xmas. be sure and write as soon as you get this I remain
Your loving sister
Mai Gleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment