Tuesday, October 22, 2013

December 1, 1942

From: Pvt. Geo. F. Gleasure, CoE. 12th. Inf. Camp Gordon, Augusta, Georgia
To: Mr. Frank Gleasure, 56 Gardner Street, Allston, Mass.

Dear Pa-

I received your letter yesterday but didn't answer till now as I've been very busy.  I don't know what the racket is with the mail but I don't get half of what I should & half what I send out don't get to its destination.  There isn't any reason to keep letters from you as I don't put any thing in them any different than an ordinary letter.  No I didn't get any letter from Madeline & I haven't heard from her since just after the baby was born.  No, as yet I haven't put on any weight, I lost for a while then I got it back, now I'm losing again.  I don't know how long the furlough will be for but if its long enough for me to get home & be back here on time I'll be home.  It won't take me three days to get home from here it can be done in about 27 hours on the Silver Meteor, a streamliner that runs from Columbia S.C. to New York & if it stops at Providence I can change to the Comet & get there sooner.  We will get what is called a furlough rate I don't know how much but I'm going to find out.  As for the card from Waldon, I never got it.  Well I think this is about all the news there is so I'll close & get to bed as I have a heavy cold.

Luck

George

No comments:

Post a Comment