Wednesday, October 30, 2013

January 1, 1943

From: Pvt. Geo. F. Gleasure, CoE. 12th Infantry, Camp Gordon Augusta, GA
To: Frank Gleasure, 56 Garder Street, Allston, Mass. (Boston)

Dear Pa,-

Received your letter today & I'm just dropping a line to tell you that I've received all the mail to date, it was late but I finally got it so there is no need to talk to anybody about it.  Well today was new years day & it was just another day for us, there is no enjoyment here at all just work and plenty off it.  We earn every cent of the fifty dollars a month that we get.  I've got another cold & it bothers my chest again but I think its due to this climate because its warm during the day & its cold at nite.  How did the holiday go off up there?  better than it did here I hope because we had to work so our Christmas wasn't anything to talk about.  Well this is about all there is from here so I'll close for now.  Tell Theresa if she is going to send any mail to me to send it as soon as she can because there is danger of floods here in the south & it may not get through for some time.

Luck

George

No comments:

Post a Comment