Wednesday, October 23, 2013

December 4, 1942

From: Pvt. Geo. F. Gleasure., CoE. 12th Infantry, Camp Fordon, Augusta Ga.
To: Mr. Frank Gleasure, 56 Gardner Street. Allston, Mass (Boston)

Dear Pa.

I'm writing this short letter to tell you that I have received that Christmas package from the New York Control.  It came yesterday & it has every kind of toilet article for me that they could think of, also a carton of cigaretts & candy, writing paper, pencils peanuts & a lot of other stuff that I can't name off hand.  I already sent out a card acknoleging the receipt of it & thanking them.  They say that there are 11000 men from the N.Y.C. spread all over the world, so that will cost them quite a little money.  Well there isn't anything to say from here so I'll close for now.  Send me the story on the death of Madeline's baby in your next letter as I didn't know anything about it till you mentioned it.

Luck

George

No comments:

Post a Comment