Monday, October 28, 2013

December 24, 1942

From: Pvt. Geo. F. Gleasure, Co E. 12th Infantry, Camp Gordon, Augusta, Ga.
To: Mr. Frank Gleasure, 56 Gardner Street, Allston Mass. (Boston)

Dear Pa, -

I received your letter yesterday and also the Christmas card but as yet there is no sign of the railroad magazines There have been three or four packages sent to me from Boston & I never got any of them so there is dirty work going on someplace I don't know wether its up there or in this camp but I don't get half of my mail and it don't do any good to say anything about it because these people in this area don't know any more about it than I do. I don't know how long it will be before I get a furlough as we have a new commanding officer and everything is all balled up, so I'll just have to wait but as usual the favorites went home for Christmas while the rest of us have to work. I received an Xmas from Madeline and her husband today but they didn't say anything about the baby so we will have to write to get the story on what caused its death. Well this is about all there is from here for now so I'll close.

Luck
George

I can't send any holiday cards as we are unable to get them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment